Trail of Cthulhu: Boundless Deceptions
- Build Points: 16 Investigative; 65 General.
- Occupational descriptions do not include Pulp-mode options.
- Purist-mode caps on Health, Stability, and Sanity are not in effect.
- Hypnosis is not available to Investigators.
- Adventure, Duty, Revenge, and Sudden Shock are suitable Drives.
- Investigators do have Sources of Stability, but must (as usual) spend time with them in order to recover Stability between Locales.
- The Keeper will not reveal Difficulty Ratings for tests.
- Pulp-style long-range and doublefisted uses of the Firearms ability are right out, and effective bulletproof clothing is not available to Investigators. The full-auto option for submachine guns is not used, and Investigators are not assumed to have unlimited ammunitions at their disposal.
- Explosives may be used.
- Players are allowed to faint to avoid extreme Sanity loss.
- Confidence-based Stability recovery is not allowed.
- The recovery of Sanity from “defeating the Mythos” is not possible.
- Investigators receive 1 Build Point (rather than 2) at the conclusion of each Locale to improve their abilities.
See also: Rules Cheat Sheet